Restore Your Oral Function With Dental Implants in St. George
Patients can improve their bite strength by up to 300% within 3 years after receiving implants. Source.
When you lose a tooth, you also lose your tooth root. Unfortunately, the loss of the tooth root can lead to deterioration in your jaw since your jawbone isn’t being stimulated any longer. At Guardian Family Dental, we can work with you on replacing your lost tooth roots with dental implants in St. George. With our help, you can:
- Restore the chewing power to your teeth
- Secure your dentures with no embarrassing slippage
- Enjoy the foods you’ve been missing out on
- Improve your jawbone health and oral health
- Reclaim your healthy smile
- Replace one tooth, several teeth, or even all of your teeth
Take the first step toward a stronger bite by calling 435-500-5342 for an appointment.
Replace Any Number of Teeth With an Implant Procedure
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that gets placed into your jaw and supports your replacement teeth. The implant fuses with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration. While we don’t place implants at our practice, we will work alongside a specialist we recommend to you for the procedure. Once this process is complete and your mouth has healed, you’ll return to our office where we will secure your new teeth to your implants. You can receive:
- A Single Crown With an Implant – If you have lost one tooth, you can get a single crown secured with an implant. We offer zirconia or porcelain crowns, depending on your budget and what’s best for your smile.
- Implant-Supported Dental Bridge – Support your dental bridge with implants instead of having to modify healthy teeth to support the bridge.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – While your dentures will still be removable, you’ll enjoy far more security with implants that snap your dentures into place.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – Your dentures will have a lifelike feel and function when you secure them with implants. You’ll be able to enjoy better oral function and a stronger bite. Since these dentures transfer all of your chewing force to your jaw rather than your gums, they perform the most like natural teeth.
We’ll work with you on which of these options is best for your smile. We plan for your restoration procedure using modern dental technology such as digital X-rays and intraoral cameras. Plus, we make it a comfortable experience by using a topical anesthetic to numb your mouth. We can also offer you laughing gas if you’d like to ease your nerves.
Prepare Your Mouth for Implants
Not everyone is a candidate for implants right away. Before we recommend you for a dental implant procedure, it’s often necessary to boost the bone volume in your jaw. This creates a strong foundation for your replacement teeth. We may need to perform a surgical procedure:
- Bone Grafts – We’ll place bone material in your jaw that will rebuild bone that has been lost.
- Ridge Augmentation – We’ll reshape your jawline to prepare for your implant procedure. This restores your jaw structure whether it was affected by long-term tooth loss or an extended amount of time wearing dentures without implants.
Replace what is missing from your smile with dental implants in St. George. Call 435-500-5342 for an appointment or .