Feel Confident About Your Smile With General Dentistry in St. George
Only about 50% of adults go to the dentist 2x a year. Source.
You can’t have a beautiful smile without great dental health. So unless you’re making oral health a priority, you are putting your best feature at risk. At Guardian Family Dental, we will help you secure healthy teeth and gums with our general dentistry in St. George. As our patient, you can:
- Safeguard your long-term oral health
- Catch dental concerns early on before they become big problems
- Walk out of our office with a fresh-from-the-dentist feeling
- Protect your teeth and gums from disease or damage
- Improve your at-home oral care routine
Take the first step toward excellent oral health by calling 435-500-5342 for an appointment.
Benefit From Our General Dental Care Services
Neglecting your oral health isn’t just a harmful to your smile, but it also impacts your overall health. For example, infection in your gums increases your risk for systemic health issues like heart disease, diabetes, and stroke. That’s why it’s so important to visit us every six months for a checkup. We can recognize issues when they are small and easier to treat. This helps you avoid complicated restorative treatments or dental emergencies.
Some of the general dentistry services we provide are:
- Dental Cleanings and Exams – We’ll thoroughly clean your teeth and remove bacteria, tartar, and plaque. We’ll also examine your mouth for any oral health issues such as cavities, gum disease, and even oral cancer.
- Preventive Treatments – Preventive treatments like fluoride varnish and dental sealants offer extra protection against harmful bacteria.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If you are dealing with an infection in your gums, we’ll do a deep cleaning procedure called scaling and root planing. If deep periodontal pockets have formed, putting you at risk for advanced gum disease, we can treat them with antibiotics.
- Mouthguards – We create custom-made mouthguards that offer protection for your teeth, gums, lips, and tongue while playing sports. We can also provide mouthguards to prevent teeth grinding and its damaging effects like headaches and jaw strain. Depending on your needs, we can use an outside lab or make them in-house.
- Dry Mouth – If you have dry mouth, we can offer products to use at home to relieve your symptoms.
- Bad Breath Treatment – We’ll examine your mouth for signs of gum disease or tooth decay. Both of those problems can trigger an unpleasant smell in your mouth. We can also recommend products to help.
If you are seeing us for the first time, we’ll spend a little extra time getting to know you. You’ll have a one hour comprehensive exam with Dr. Crandall so he can discuss your long-term goals for your smile and address any immediate concerns.
In addition, no matter why you are coming to see us, we can offer laughing gas to help you stay calm if you are nervous about treatment. We use a topical anesthetic to numb your mouth so you won’t feel anything during procedures such as gum disease treatment. You can also block out dental noises with headphones and watch TV during your appointment.
Stay ahead of your oral health with general dentistry in St. George. Call 435-500-5342 for an appointment. You can also .